Monday, 18 July 2016

And more hearts

Because I went overboard in making the small hearts and needed a way to use them up.

It's a party in a soap! 

These are great little guest soaps.

Monday, 11 July 2016

July isn't really heart month is it?

But it is for me. Since I acquired some new heart moulds (my old one is dying a slow death) I went a little crazy with using up leftover bits of soap to make new ones.

It's hard to see the colouring since I still haven't gotten around to getting super clear soap, but you get the idea.

Kinda hard to see in this one, but there are 3 hearts inside the big one. The red background makes it hard to see the yellow heart.

This one shows I need to work on my embed, clear portion and photography. It's supposed to be 3 hearts  but the middle one, which is yellow, gets kinda lost. Kinda like a lot of middle children, right? 

This one is my favourite, partly because you can see the hearts more clearly (even with my bad photography job) and I like the white background seeing off the clear red portion.

Have a lovely week!

Monday, 4 July 2016


I'm trying to clear out any bits and bobs of soaps I have while still doing something interesting. I have made these soaps with scraps that were left over from making other things, shredding  some of them for a prettier effect. Okay, that's a lie, I was trying to make curls and they weren't turning out, so I ran them through the grater. But I think they do add some interesting texture.

This one was using leftover leftovers. I had some soap left in the cup, so I added some more into it, didn't bother stirring and this is the result for the first layer. I like how the colours are kinda melted into each other giving it a sort of planet like look.

I had angled the mould for the next two (or is it three, I lost track) layers hence why the colours are slightly different on each side.

More shredded ones, this time with a goat's milk bottom.

Not sure why this one ended up on it's side. Maybe it thought it's Humpty Dumpty.

And this is where the curls ended up. Like I said, it didn't work out as well, but it did use up some of the remaining bits of soap.

Have a great week!