Monday 6 June 2016

Packaging

We'll now take a break from our regularly scheduled program to bring you some packaging ideas.

Last week, I was admiring the packaging of soaps done by the very sweet and talented Madame Propre. She had her beautiful soaps wrapped in cellophane with ribbon, all done so nice and neat, they looked perfect. I told her how much I liked them and she suggested ali express.

Then I remembered, hey, my sister gave me a bunch of swatches to make into bags, why don't I use up those first? So here are some of the bags I've made so far.




I'm still working on the best way to close the bags. The straight ribbon tie is fine, but I'm not great at tying bows, as you can tell. The side ribbon, I'm not sure if it's going to work or not, and it really should be pulled into the middle, not the side. The one that doesn't look like it is closed has snaps on it, and the last one, would use up my random collection of buttons, but is a bit more time consuming. Any ideas?

How do you like to wrap things up, so to speak? Have a great week!


8 comments:

  1. I have no answers because I'm still grappling with that museum for packaging and also making throw pillow cases. :}

    The fabrics looks prettier than I remembered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to mention you've got a million other projects on the go and have to put all your brain power into doing your own stuff.

      The fabrics are very pretty and perfect for gift wrapping!

      Delete
  2. Pretty fabric! I know what you mean about tying bows, some people do them so perfect but I try and try and just can't do it. Your bags turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they though? It's not fabric I'd ever to think of buying because I'm boring that way, but patterned fabrics do make for some lovely packaging. I think I need to take a crash course in bow tying. ;)

      Delete
  3. Velcro. That's my answer for everything. *snort* The bags are beautiful. As are you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Robyn! That is definitely the answer! You are so smart and really oh so sweet, or a really good liar. :D

      Delete
  4. Beautiful bags MONICA! The fabrics are so cute. I always fall for liberty-like prints. It takes a lot of time top preare them! And closing is a problem. The button one is great. It is sure time consuming... Do yo really have to close them? What if you add a label across the op of the bag? A sticky one. Or if you leave some fabric to fold back inside?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Madame Propre. I'm glad my sister gave me these fabrics since I would never think to buy them myself.

      I like your ideas for closures, they are great! I will definitely have to try them. Maybe a different style based on the size of bag.

      Delete