Monday 11 April 2016

Coffee, tea or some reasonable facsimile

Do you ever do that thing, where you think oh yeah, I can make what exactly what I see on Pinterest, and it will turn out just as beautiful? I love deluding myself with that, almost as much as I love deluding myself that I'm taller than I actually am. :D

This time, it wasn't Pinterest (well it's probably there too), but of course, the one, the only Soapqueen. I wanted so badly to make something similar to her Thai Tea soap, but as a coffee one instead.

I kinda feel like Murphy's Law rules my world. I guess it partly has to do with impatience and really, there are only so many times MP soap wants to be melted.

The coffee part turned out fine. I added in real coffee grounds and used chocolate espresso FO from Brambleberry. Smells delicious.

My cream part though, didn't come out as well. First, I melted some new base that I thought was white. Turns out, it's a lot clearer when it's melted. Oh, well then we'll use some goat's milk base that I had used previously and need to make into something else. The coffee part solidified quickly, and so I tried to use a fork to push the cream part into it. It's only semi successful though.


I tried to make a whipped topping, but my hand mixer died (not sure why, it's only been around since I was in grade school), so I tried to whip it up quickly by hand. But by that time, the cream portion had solidified enough that the whipped topping didn't sit on it so well. I'm going to have to use some clear soap to stick it on.

Looks like the soaps are wearing toupees.

Well, onwards and upwards. Until next time, have a great week!


7 comments:

  1. It may not look like whipped cream but it looks like ice cream and that is just as good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! Yes, ice cream is always a good cure-all for what ails you. :)

      Delete
  2. time for a new mixer! lol I bet they smelled wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time for a new old mixer. Gives me an excuse to go to the thrift store. And yes, they do smell awesome. :)

      Delete
  3. time for a new mixer! lol I bet they smelled wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent MONICA! You are back to us in full shape. My husband wants to know why I am laughing alone... Hard to explain, is it? The picture on the right looks like two crabs fighting to me. The one on the left is more like a gentle skiing slope. I am not sure it would have been so easy to turn MP into something looking like cream! It was a daring project. I hope you are not too frustrated with the result. You will sure love using those soaps which smell so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're so sweet Madame Propre! Thank you for all your kind words.

      Oh my gosh, you are so right about the crabs, I hadn't noticed that before! That is brilliant! Maybe that's how I should market it. ;)
      I know there are some MP soapers who make beautiful frosting, I am obviously not one of them, but how many of them can make crabs? ;)

      Delete