Saturday 9 March 2013

I'm fine

Someone once told me what fine stands for (and if you're of a more delicate constitution, please skip the rest of this paragraph and move onto the next paragraph, or watch this video in the meanwhile

F.I.N.E stands for f***ed up, insecure, neurotic and exhausted. The person who told me this was a family doctor, so the next time you go see your doctor, remember, he or she does have a sense of humour.

I've mostly been the E in fine which is why I didn't post last week. However, as I was doing some filing in the office and disliking every minute of it, I thought about how much I enjoyed soaping but haven't had the energy to do it. So I decided to start up again. I made this dragonfly soap previously but the dragonfly didn't show up as much as I'd like.



This is the first one I made. The green dragonfly doesn't show up as well against the background of green. I guess in real life, the dragonfly would want to blend in somewhat, so it's not such easy pickings for the birds. For me though, I want to make the dragonfly the star of the soap, so I tried this.


Blue lab colour dragonfly in MP clear with low sweat white with green oxide and a touch of energy FO

I'll probably try again with a more purply dragonfly just to make it stand out more, and with some glitter to make the dragonfly more iridescent.

8 comments:

  1. Your FINE definition made me chuckle, there is definitely some truth to that acronym! Your dragonfly soaps are so cute...the blue really makes it pop and I think glitter would be a great touch. Hopefully with the time change and longer days you will get some much-needed energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine is a term that hubby & I used a lot in the past, until I was told it could be used as an acronym. Now he won't let me use it all the time even tho it rings true more than ever. :)

    You're right glitter would definitely help the dragonfly pop and maybe even fly away, like the story of why you never paint the eyes of a dragon in chinese mythology.

    I think the longer days will definitely help and coming to your blog more regularly will also motivate me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Your 2nd soap is perfect, wow!
    The 3D soaps are so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalia, you are so sweet! I love what you post on your blog although I can't always read it because it's not in English but your pictures are so lovely.

      Delete
  4. Now I will think twice before I ever tell someone I am fine ever again. Lol!

    You make such perfect soaps! I wish I had your talent and your eye for color. Do you use Brambleberries glitter? They carry some that really sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or you tell them you're fine and then giggle. ;)

      Oh Michelle, I'm sure you make lovely soaps, in fact I know you do! I've seen what you've given to Teresa and you make gorgeous cards.

      I do have some BB glitter but I'm thinking I'm due for another trip down to Otion to stock up on supplies.

      Delete
  5. Yeah, that blue on green definitely pops! There are actually blue (and/or iridescent-like-blue) dragonflies (or maybe I'm thinking damselflies...something). :) Cee Gee has a great idea about using glitter on it!

    I'm so glad you're back to soaping! Filing is so soulness and uncreative. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sort of what I was hoping for with the first one, was sort of a green/blue/purple dragonfly but obviously that didn't work out so well. Yes, I'm going to have to try Cee's idea of using glitter and lots of it to really make it pop even more.

      Well I'll be back to soulless work soon enough, however, it allows me to buy soaping supplies guilt free.

      Delete