Friday 15 March 2013

Area 51 in Vancouver?

I wish I could have the X-Files music playing in the background right now but I'm sure it'd be breaking all sorts of copyright rules. In my post last week, I had included a link to a 3-D soap tutorial by Brambleberry and then it hit me, I have some 3-D soap moulds!

I was lazy and tried to pour his eyes (that sounds weird doesn't it?) instead of using a syringe or dropper, hence why they're a little outside of the lines. Once I perfect it, I'm going to make the eyes with silver glitter to give him that more ethereal look. Hubby likes it because it fits in his hand well. I'll have to make more for the next craft fair I attend and put it next to my spaceship gift box. This one was fun, and the picture makes him look menacing, which is what we think of those little green men anyway right?

Thanks for stopping in and have a great weekend!


6 comments:

  1. That's so cool and would look perfect in the spaceship box, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cee, I'll have to try it out in the space box.

      Delete
  2. It is a perfect shape for fitting into the hands, isn't it? Have you tested out whether it glows well in the dark? Maybe you can have one of those UV lights (or whatever they are) displays for these to show off the glowing? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's an ideal shape, doesn't need the rope. I didn't try out the fluroescent tinting on it, I just used the green labcolour on white base, but I'll have to try it next time and like you say, make it glow.

      Delete
  3. The alien soap is so cool! I think silver glitter would look neat for his eyes, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! Yeah I'm definitely going to have to try silver glitter next time, give him a really out of the world look.

      Delete