Friday 13 January 2012

A Good Start

In my last post I mentioned that I was going to be meeting up with a lady who has taken over a gift shop. It turns out that she was brought in to help out by her friend who was on the Board of Directors of the care centre that has this gift shop. She was nice enough to have me over to her house this past Wednesday to show her my soaps which made the experience less intimidating than having to meet at the store. I guess part of the reason for that is that they're still clearing out the old inventory that the last people had brought in, so it was probably easier to meet at her house.

I brought over two Rubbermaid containers of soaps, in the hopes they would be purchasing most if not all the soaps I had:  I was not disappointed at all. They oohed and ahhed over the soaps, and wanted to buy it all, but felt the need to show a little restraint. One lady even told me how difficult it is to buy high end soaps here, and that she has to go into Vancouver to L'Occitane to buy good soaps. Now I don't put myself into a category like that, but it was sure good to hear that she thought my product was that high quality. They also said they were putting in higher end goods into the gift store, and again, to be put into a category of being higher end is a real ego booster.

In the end, they did almost clear out the entire contents of one container, and hope to expand their product line in the future when they have their grand re-opening.

2 comments:

  1. That is a serious fabulous start to your year! Of course your soaps are as good as L'Occitane...plus you're a local artisan which makes you ten times better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it's always nice to start a year on a positive note. Well, my soaps aren't french, not even french canadian, so they can't put on airs. ;)

    ReplyDelete