Monday 17 October 2011

Countdown to Panic

Thanks to the organizers of the first craft fair I'm going to be attending, I'm keeping track of how much time I have to get all my soaps made. Of course, since this is the first show I'm attending, I'm not sure what's going to be a great seller versus a good seller. (I'm thinking it's all fantastic, but I'm biased that way).

Hubby had told me to keep track of the formulas I use in each of the soaps, and I know that's what I need to do, but I continue with my deluded belief that I can remember what colours I used and the proportions for each soap. Well the proof is in the pudding, or in this case, the monkey.




Obviously, my formula keeping skills needs to be improved.

5 comments:

  1. Like sister, like sister...I always thought I'd remember too. ;P Cute monkeys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, shall we blame our parental units for our delusional thinking?

    The monkeys are cute, aren't they? They've got great smiles, which I think is what really makes them adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hubby is right. When I started making CP soap I fell in love with one particular recipe. At the time I was making it so much I just figured there was no way I could forget it. Lo and behold, I don't remember it today and it was still the best cp recipe I had :( I just took a soap break after my mom died and the memory of the recipe went out the window. Just keeping a little soap journal really helps. I've found that the journals also help you pinpoint why something isn't working well too. I love your monkeys. With them lined up like that I think "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil." Ya know... those silly visuals I get everytime I see soap. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hit enter before I said. GOOD LUCK WITH THE CRAFT FAIR!!! I KNOW YOU WILL SELL LOTS BECAUSE YOUR SOAPS ARE AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to tell hubby that he's right, not because I don't want to admit that part, but I hate to admit I'm fallible. Sorry to hear about your mother and your not having the best CP recipe ever anymore, that must be frustrating beyond belief. I'm currently writing things down on pieces of paper, but I should probably use a proper journal to keep track of everything. Now if I could only read my own chicken scratch. ;)

    That's what I thought about the monkeys as well, It'd be fun to have little hands I could stick on them to give that effect. :D

    You are very sweet and like I said before, Teresa has the best taste in friends. Thank you so much for the words of encouragement, it really does mean so much to me.

    ReplyDelete